Wolbach Library business hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Reference and circulation desk assistance is available from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday-Friday. The Library is closed on Federal holidays.
24-hour card access to the Library is available via ID card for: Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO), Harvard College Observatory (HCO) Employees, Official Visitors, Harvard Astronomy Department Graduate Students, and other Center for Astrophysics (CfA) affiliates who have a current entry in the CfA Staff Database.
If you do have 24 hour building access, but your card does not work in the Library doors, contact Judy Schwab in the Business Office, B-115, 617-495-7540.
Disabilities: Please contact us in advance to facilitate access (email email@example.com, or call 617-496-5769).
The Wolbach Library is located within the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA), at 60 Garden Street, in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
To reach the Library from the main Harvard campus, go north on Garden Street out of Harvard Square. The entrance to the CfA is on the left, just past Bond Street.
To reach the Library from Porter Square, go south (towards Harvard Square) on Massachusetts Avenue. Turn right on Linnaean Street. Linnaean Street ends at Garden Street, directly across from the entrance to the CfA.
Enter the building through the main lobby; the Library entrance is on the left, off of the lobby.
The parking lot at the CfA requires a parking permit. Temporary permits, subject to availability, may be purchased at the HCO Administrative Office, room B-115 at the CfA complex at 60 Garden Street (cash only payments). You can also purchase a temporary permit online.
Steps to Purchasing Online One-day Permits:
- Visit the web page https://www2.uos.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/permit/purchase.pl.
- At the bottom of the page click "Visitor."
- As a visitor you must register (unless you have used the system before). To register for the first time, click on "Click here to Register." Fill out log-in information and your personal profile. Otherwise enter your username and password.
- At the bottom of the page click "Visitor," select "Observatory" as your department and enter the code 2018.
- Follow the directions on the sreen.
Prices: $16/$7 weekday/weeknight
Additional information about parking at Harvard can be found at Harvard Transportation.