(Please note that all abstracts and articles in the ADS are copyrighted by the publisher, and access is free for personal use only.)
In order to access both the ADS article archive and the more recent literature in ADS that is available through current Wolbach Library paid subscriptions, you must have an ADS account set up to link to the Harvard University proxy servers. This will enable links to the full text of a paper via the familiar "Find it @ Harvard" buttons when viewing an ADS record with full-text availability.
- Create a new account or sign into your existing account.
Confirm link present for HU Library Server:
- Go to the ADS Account Management page
- Click on "Library Links Settings."
- Once the next page opens, make sure the pull down menu for “Select Library Link server” is set to "Harvard University Library", then, “Save Settings”
Add Abstract Service Proxy:
- Log in to your account (upper right corner)
- Go to ADS User preferences
- Click on Set/Review your User preferences
- Paste the following link into the Abstract Server Proxy Field: http://adsabs.harvard.edu.ezp-prod1.hul.harvard.edu/
- Click Save Settings button
- You can now use the ADS from the usual web addresses:
To access full-text articles through ADS at home, simply log into the ADS with the email address used to create the account. You will need to enter your HarvardKey to authenticate yourself, after which you will be granted access to all of the electronic resources as if you were at work.