We support the principle that all people encountered in one’s professional life should be treated with respect. At no time is abusive or destructive behavior acceptable in Wolbach’s physical or online spaces or when participating in collaborative projects with Wolbach staff.
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, library users and collaborators pledge to uphold this code of conduct's standards by contributing to a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Members of the community who use the Library agree to comply with this Code of Conduct and will be held accountable for their actions.
Collaborators hosting events in the Library are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior to event attendees and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior. Event sponsors have the responsibility to respond to actions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting Daina Bouquin, Wolbach's Head Librarian. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Event sponsors who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined CfA leadership.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 1.4, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html