By borrowing a device from the Wolbach Library collection, the borrower understands and agrees to the following:
- I accept full responsibility for the device(s) I am borrowing.
- I will reimburse the John G. Wolbach Library for the cost of repairing or replacing the borrowed device(s).
- I have witnessed the physical inspection of the device(s) and all appear to be functioning.
- All checked parts and accessories are present and appear to be functioning.
- I understand that any abuse of the device(s) loan privileges may also result in the inability to borrow library device(s) and/or accessories in the future.
- I understand that failure to return the device(s) within the allotted or agreed upon time will be considered theft of John G. Wolbach Library property and appropriate action will be taken.
- I understand that I am not to perform any illegal activities with this device(s) or any activities inconsistent with the Smithsonian and/or Harvard acceptable use policies.
- I understand that if I perform any illegal activities or any activities that violate the Smithsonian and/or Harvard acceptable use policies with this device(s), I will be subject to the applicable disciplinary rules and regulations of the individual institutions and possibly those of the State of Massachusetts, which may result in the possibility of arrest.
- I agree that the John G. Wolbach Library shall not have any liability for any claims relating to the loss, damage or interception of any information, data, work product, or other material viewed, searched or stored on the device(s).
- I agree that the John G. Wolbach Library shall not have any liability for any claims relating to the use or functioning of the hardware or software included with the borrowed device(s).
- I understand that the Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your device(s) can be possibly captured by anyone else with a wireless device(s) and the appropriate software.
- I understand that I am responsible for removing any data that I have loaded onto the device(s). Library staff will do their best to remove borrower data from the device(s) but are not responsible for removing it.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The John G. Wolbach Library does not assume responsibility or liability for the safety of equipment or for device(s) configuration, security, or data files resulting from connection to the wireless network.
Library Device(s) Loan Rules
The device(s) should be returned by the end of the day (5pm) it is due to library staff. The two week loan period can be renewed remotely once. Do not leave devices in book drops.